
Its things like this that keep me going nowadays. A few weeks back, the other Singaporean came over to my place and we cooked my packet of Prima Laksa. The sensation was...incredible. When I bit into the taupok and tasted the Laksa soup spilling out into my mouth, I think I might actually have teared a little. I'm actually spend a lot of time thinking about all the food I'm going to gorge on once I get back home...the endless plates of char kway teow and fried hokkien mee and chicken rice, and then the endless bowls of kway chap and laksa and mee hoon kuay. You really don't appreciate how incredible the food is at home till you don't get it anymore.
Now the bit on the left is actually a pretty funny story: What happened is that the administration of my accomodation was being damn nehneh. This guy brought a sofa set from his house to put in the common corridor so that they would have like a little place where people could gather and have dinner together, or just generally chat endlessly as ang mohs are apt to do.
The management then sent out this whole spate of 'please remove them or we will remove them for you as they are a fire hazard yada yada' notices to EVERYONE in the block. Seeing that this little communal space was outside my room and I got the brunt of noise whenver they decided to throw their little dinner parties, I really don't see that the admin had any right to complain as long as the people along the corridor were fine with it (myself included).
So in retaliation for the last letter, which was pretty much a direct 'we will remove it and tell your parents yada yada' kind of letter, the guys took the furniture into side rooms and then proceeded to flood the corridor with 200 balloons, in all colours, shapes and sizes!
It was actually pretty funny, even though it was hell of a walk just to get to the toilet or the shower, and I think it really really pissed the admin off because they summarily removed all personal belongings from the common corridors of the building, which included posters, pictures and even DRYING CLOTHING. How nehneh is that right?
If I haven't mentioned before anyhow, I'm on the first floor (or in home terms, the second floor since ang mohs call the first the 'ground floor'). As a consequence of being so low down, everyone on my floor is a guy, on the premise that if robbers were to break into the building, the girls on the higher floors would be left untouched (oh please). Therefore, every night a swarm of girls descend to my floor to eat, drink and be merry. -_-
Anyhow, its so strange that I used to think University would be a breeze compared to A levels seeing how you only had one subject instead of the regular legion. Well, whoever said A levels was the toughest academic step was a LIAR. Its CRAZY! The Medical course here is like a packaged all-sciences-in-one subject. The sheer depth and area covered is almost nuts. For this term alone, I have like 6 examinable modules. I'd have completed at least three quarters of human anatomy by the end of this term (meaning the LATIN NAMES of each muscle and bone and nerve and artery and vein)
Sigh.

No comments:
Post a Comment