Saturday, July 29, 2006

Living in the Present


After thinking about it, I realise that it would be somewhat weird to blog about my backpacking trip seeing how it already went by, so I'll probably put the pictures into some album and post the link another day.

Meanwhile, I shall post the events of the past 48 hours. In that time, I've achieved about 5 hours of sleep, largely attributed to the fact that my dear friend Albert is leaving for the Philipines, then the US, and there is the possibility that I might not see him for a good 5 years.

Let me first cut back to the night of 26th July, the day I came back from Europe. Bert decided that he had a craving for chilli crabs, so we headed down to East Coast to get some good seafood. This plan was in concordance with my craving for all food asian so I was, as you can imagine, well satisfied. The company made the food even better.

Just some pictures from that wonderful night of joyous friendship.

Then the 28th was the Alumni BBQ. Successful to a 'T', with a huge variety (and quantity) of food, and again wonderful company. It was brilliant seeing all these people that I hadn't seen for ages: Chalat, Eleena, Tiffany, Shumz, Aloy and Victor. The discussion of the year ahead was equally exciting, and somewhat saddening seeing how I'm going to miss all of it. Oh well...on to the pictures!

After the BBQ, since I already decided to go and send Bert off the next morning anyway, David and I followed Bert back to his place for some final packing, before heading off to David's place to catch some sleep. Woke up 7am after 3 hours of sleep, and herded ourselves into a cab, airport-bound.

Just a few pictures of us at the airport sending Bert off, with the batchmates who came down as well. Seeing Bert go was...surprisingly saddening, to say the least. Also a poignant reminder that my own time is coming.

Oh well. So here I lie on my bed, blogging. Jetlagged, sleep-deprived, and somewhat emotional all over again. Can't think of a smart way to end off, so.

No comments: