Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Return

The sheer surreality of my being (once again) a thousand miles from home has yet to strike me. It feels as though any moment I should hop onto a cab for the half-hour journey home. Going back home has been a great, and much welcome (though little deserved) break for me, and I was just musing with one of my classmates about how ridiculous it is that, when the time comes, I loathe to leave either place behind.

Nevertheless, this term promises to be a short, albeit hectic one. Today during the second lecture of the day, the lecturer so kindly reminded us that it is but 8 weeks to our exams. Can die.

A very pretty picture of the view from my window. The beginning of Spring, and the ground is littered with pretty pink flowers. Yet the scent that wafts in the air is not floral, but that of my hostel-mates excesses from last night (ie. vomit...and possibly some swass).

Anyway, the flight was pretty good. I watched four movies on the way. To be exact, I watched one movie thrice, and then another movie. Which one you might say? The History Boys. Awesome film. The themes are somewhat discomfiting, but the sheer beauty of language and idea is incredible. Probably gonna watch it tonight again cos it seems my neighbour downloaded it already.

One phrase from the movie that sticks in my mind which I find...particularly poignant:

"...I am not happy, but then again, I am not unhappy about it."

No comments: