
Pictures taken on my last official day in school (ie. after prelims, before A levels). The feeling I have after finding these pictures is...incredible. Rush of memories really. I had no idea I had so many memories of JC. The best thing is: I can name everyone in the pictures! (except...maybe just one =P). But thats not saying much, because there's about maybe 4 non-choir people there at most. JC days were...really a blur for me. And I realise I haven't changed very much in terms of the way I look. Still the same old guai-kia look. Sigh.

This was A level results day...got off from BMT to come and get my unsatisfying results. At least Quentin and Tiffany brought me out for lunch though =) Pictures here are with the classmates I was close to, along with my form teacher. 6 non-choir people in this collage! Terence, Candice, Grace, Ernestine, Melissa and Ms Too (and I can name them too).
Its strange how much we've changed, but not really huh? (intentionally cryptic comment). Special mention at the bottom: Mr Sum with Ruth and I. I'll be joining Ruth in 40 days time in St Georges, though she'll be a good 2 years ahead of me. Bah. And of course! One of the few pictures, and almost certainly the last picture I have with Felicia Anita Halim, my dearest tata. I hope she comes back soon.
Few remaining photos I can't quite categorise. Two photos from Seniors Night (such fashion mistakes), two from the first time Charissa went to NZ, one from my first vocal solo concert (just one of many la), and the final one at the bottom is the batch of 03 doing our first carolling gig as new alumni! This picture is for us to see how much we've changed. Not really, except maybe David (skinny now) and Karen Kirk (now really auntie).
I suppose memories of Seniors Night for me were pretty...funny =P Got kicked out of the 'class room' by hotel management, left Ritz in a group of 4 to try and find alternative accomodation, and ended up just walking the entire night with Tze Pang along the Bay Area, just talking rubbish and plotting the future. That was...great. I wouldn't give it up for all the post-prom-parties in the world (which I refused to go for! hah!).
Then the vocal solo thing...haha. That was...a really scary experience for me. First year army, singing German. Fun, but hopefully never again. Many thanks to David for pushing me headfirst into it though. If you didn't already know, and for those who were are that performance, I invented my own German words during the song =P

And lastly, my only two brushes with alcohol and 'youth culture'! Haha...I'm like the hip replacement =P So anyhow on the left and right are pictures from when Charissa, David, Joel and Peter brought me to Zouk for the first (and last) time. I know it looks like I'm high on alcohol, but I'm actually just really sleepy. And ok, slight alcohol buzz.
Up and down is when an almost similar gang, except replace Joel with Kokphai and add Shumin, brought me to the Loof to get me drunk. They, to all purposes, succeeded by enticing me with the ohsogood Malibu Pineapple, and this Bailey's thing. So all was going well, and I was losing my mobility when Peter decided to ask for this house specialty which was...a shot of gin and tabasco. I spent the rest of the night a hair's breadth away from puking =P
So that's it for this installment! The 40-day countdown! I've decided my choir pictures deserve a whole new post on their own to allow me to wallow more in this sentimental warmth.
Ahh.
No comments:
Post a Comment