Monday, September 25, 2006

Final Thoughts

Right. My final post before I officially cross over. I'd originally intended to post pictures of the multitude of events that have occupied the entirety of my time over the past 2 weeks, but I left my camera in David's house. So all I have now...is words.


Like I've shared with most of my friends, I'm not as emotional or as sentimental as I expected to be. Neither am I as uncomfortable or as scared as I thought I'd be. Which kinda scares me, really. Sigh. What keeps me going on right now is a huge store of adrenaline, and a great deal of anticipation for what lies ahead. I won't hedge about this: I really am pretty damn excited about going, and the road that's slowly unwinding itself before me.

The past 2 weeks have been great; singing Palestrina, going for Jo's BBQ with cut-price food (thanks Ernest!), then David's hugely anticipated Lamb Party: all concurrent with the teaching stint in the school-that-shall-not-be-named. Which incidentally, I really really enjoyed. To the point that for a moment, it almost became as escape clause. Sigh. And I hear my replacement's a kook eh? Thanks for that, Mark. Tennis sucks. And oh yes! Passing my driving test =)


Now in case you're wondering what that really out of point pic was, its something that came as a surprise to me. Not because its bawdy (all things considered, I'd expect that really), but more or less because of who gave it to me. I won't specify, but it was great hanging out with you guys. I know it might not have turned out the way it was planned, but it was nevertheless a great way to spend my 2nd last dinner where I eat the things I want to eat, for a long while. Company was really good. Thanks guys.

So thats it from me for now. The next time I post will be when I'm over there. Sounds emo, but its not. Strange. Anyhow, it might be quite a while depending on whether or not I can actually get into my accomodation, and secondly if it does actually have Internet.


So here I go.

No comments: