
This whole last morning thing with Enoch went by like a blur. Struggling to rise from my bed before the Sun for the first time in a month, braving the walk in the rain to Dover MRT, spending some time in Macs, then blearily saying goodbye to Enoch. That's about the sum of what happened. I know I sure as hell am going to miss him, but I probably won't feel it for a bit. So many things happening at the same time...very overwhelming.
Enoch, see you soon, please.

The very next day, at the same time as the day before, I went off to Hongkong with my family. This whole trip started as a badly conceived idea by me to spend some 'quality time' with my family before we split up all over the globe (ok, exaggeration). Although it was a short four days, my prevailing feeling was one of...homesickness. Which is really a bad portent, considering how I'm going to skedaddle overseas for a good length of time in less than a month.

Random collection of photo's from the trip. It was pretty quick, especially considering that although we reached there on Friday afternoon, we left for a day trip to Shenzhen on Saturday, where I had the most expensive haircut of my life FOREVER. That is, unless I ever become a movie star. That being said though, I'd readily go back if I ever get the chance again.
And a big part of my trip was finally being able to see His Royal Highness Iskandar, and Her Royal Highness Teresa. It was GREAT to meet up with them. Teresa had to pull herself away from her precious study time (exam period!), and Ryan had to...stop slacking =P.
They brought me to this really great place to eat though...which I guess is pretty much what matters, isn't it? SATAY KING! Where I had this tanghoon in satay sauce with beef. I literally felt something inside me wither and die.
It was also there that I saw this really cool gadget they had at every table! Its like this electronic board which makes everything damn efficient! The buttons read 'order', 'more water', 'bill', 'service' and 'cancel'. So basically, you press it, and the waitress hurries over to accede to your request. Its pretty damn cool.
Haha...it prompted this discussion I had with Teresa about bringing the concept back home, which led us to muse about why 'Xu Liu Shan' failed in Singapore despite it being such an obviously kickass dessert place. Sigh. Mango puree...
Then, what I personally felt was one of the highlights of the trip...

I realise that of late, most of my photo's have become less collage, and more barrage. Its just that I have too many photo's I like, and I'm too lazy to load them individually =P This particular collection is from visiting my cousin who is currently working in Hong Kong. It was kinda funny, since her place is in this obscure corner of a mountain, which took almost an hour of travelling time from our hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui. So anyhow, my cousin Jennifer just gave birth less than a week ago to baby Nicole.
Now the boy in that picture I'm so enamoured with is Nathaniel, who is the middle kid (for now!). Close friends will know that boys in my family are few and far between (like ratio of 1 boy to 3-4 girls?), so I'm pretty chuffed to have a nephew. He was insatiably curious about my camera, and some of the pictures in this collage were actually taken by him. A 22 month old boy. The eldest in the family is Nadia, the really pretty blonde girl. I think she's...4 or 5 this year? Mixed bloods really just tend to look good naturally. Sigh.
So enough with the pictures. I just got my admissions package from St Georges today, hence my sense of being overwhelmed. So many loose ends to tie up, vaccinations to take, things to read-and-know. Sigh. Its really not easy. This is really...well...my big push into adult life, and I suppose I can be grateful that it is rather late. General apprehension is beginning to creep into my psyche at this point.
I really wish I had someone I knew going there with me. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment